Thursday, January 11, 2007

Venting...

It seems I'm doing alot of that since I returned to work this week....a HUGE sign to me that it is time to move on at the end of the year. Here are the highlights of my day(besides waiting on the crazy mom to show up from being turned in for neglect): *Very disrespectful boy in my room - so I sent him next door to a male teacher for time-out. This usually works out ok. He smarted off to him too. When the teacher tried to talk to him about his attitude, the boy just shrugged his shoulders and said, "so,I can just walk out of here right now!" AND HE DID!! So, me and the teacher called security to find him. You know what his punishment is???? He came back from the office with apology letters for me & the other teacher. Only one line apology letters at that! Isn't that special? This is the same child who was just in the office the day before for fighting on the playground and swinging at two adults who tried to restrain him. He is really learning his lesson huh? *Fast forward to lunch & I had another little boy hit another child in my class in the nose. He had to be sent to the nurse b/c his nose started bleeding. You know what the punishment is for that???? He misses his next two recess periods!!!!
Well I've HAD it! So, I decided why should wait and rush around to get out of town tomorrow? I am taking off at 11:30/half day & heading out of town early. It's not like I can teach anything anyway!!!!!!!!!! URGH!!
Oh, in other news, took the peeing dog to the vet today & turns out he has a bladder infection. I feel kind of bad b/c I thought he was just being stubborn!
Gotta run - my masters class starts tonight! What a week!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my space! Seems like you've had a week like me. Discipline is the same in my school. I long for the days when you could suspend a child...and they received zeros! I know this is what I'm good at doing, but I don't know how long I can do it!!! Hope you have a better days next week!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh my, what a day. I know EXACTLY that behavior!! And it was rewarded, and you will be the one to pay for it!! ENJOY your weekend away, wherever you go. Do you a Monday off?

Lori said...

Monday is a holiday for us! yipee! 3 1/2 days off! Sad that I need it after only one week back to work!

Anonymous said...

So no sign of the crazy mom?