Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Squirrels!!

Every year these critters give me a run for my money with my bird feeders. One year they completely chewed through the rope the bird feeder was on & I have since caught on to using wire!!

Today I walked out on the deck to change the bird feeders & found a huge mess! It is kind of funny! (b/c if Kevin were here I'd probably have blamed him for the mess! ha!) There were pecan shells all over the back deck ~ as well as empty bird feeders! I guess I brought them (the squirrels) in a few days ago when I filled the feeders. Well ~ Kevin has had a 5 gallon bucket full of pecans sitting on the backdeck. I had forgotten them, and the squirrels finally hit pay dirt and found them! They must have had a good 'ole time & called all their buddies in for a party on the pecans for new years! That bucket was no where near empty, but it is empty now except for a few shells! I just wish I could have witnessed them in action!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats what u get for leaving food on the deck overnight!!!

Lindsay said...

I think they are so cute, but MAN they get into EVERYTHING!

Lindsay said...

OH yeah, do you have a plastic Owl to sit on your deck?
my parents have one and it really works, the little boogers would eat the fabric off of their deck chairs...