Monday, January 15, 2007

And my birthplace...



Kevin & I drove up to Kennett, Missouri this weekend b/c I wanted to see the town where I was born. You know how you hear the stories & need a visual. I just remember everyone saying the roads were icy, and it took forever to get there. Apparently, Piggott ~ where my parents lived at the time ~ didn't even have a hospital. Hence, the drive on icy roads to Kennett. Kevin's mom told us that 33 years ago, the road to Kennett wasn't even paved yet! Now that makes you feel old or really country! ha!
We did drive past the hospital but I didn't take a picture of it. Then we went to this really neat flea market (the 2nd picture above) in an old bank building. The stairs were marble and the staircase was so cool. Upstairs were more treasures & they had a section of Sheryl Crow clothes. She donates her clothes to them, and they give the money to the Children's Hospital. That was pretty neat! And by the way, Sheryl Crow is TINY!! The woman has no waist whatsoever!! So, needless to say, I didn't buy anything. (but it was fun!!)

0 comments: