Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's weekend...

I have talked to several friends in the past two days, and it's official...we are gettin' old! ha! But in good news, we don't care & we like it!! I can remember when plans for new year's eve was a huge deal, & we all started a month in advance figuring out what we were doing. Now, we are all snuggling in at home watching movies with those we love ~ seems much smarter & a better deal to me! (and yes, that we are getting old!!)

I went to the big town of Rector for new year's ~ I thought there were only about 300 people that lived there to let you know how small it is ~ but the pop. sign says 2.000 ~ I think they were counting the dogs & cats to get that!!! Kevin & I watched some movies (The Break Up ~ which he HATED & Talladega Nights ~ we had watched it on our first date - FUNNY movie!!). The night before we went into the city (sarcasm) of Paragould and watched The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. Great movie!! His kid in real life plays his son in the movie & is just precious!! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it! You will find yourself really pulling for him to make it!

Anyway...I tried boarding my spoiled, rotten dog with my friend Bonnie, who owns a kennel. He has not boarded in years b/c Alan keeps the dogs for me when I'm gone (but hello - it was new year's!!) or we have had a house sitter. I wanted to see what Bonnie thought about him getting a new buddy since he lost Rocky too. Bonnie is also like the dog whisperer so if anyone would know, it would be her. Well, he showed his ass! Bonnie was sweet about it and even tried not to charge me! (She was temporarily insane from all the diarrhea she had to clean up!) Yep - that 's right, he made himself sick! A momma's boy!!! He was so mad that right off the bat, he pooped and peed on the blanket she gave him - then he made himself sick!! I have created a monster!!! And as for a buddy, he didn't make any friends at the kennel! He went in thinking he was Mike Tyson and tried to fight them all. Then, he decided to ignore them UNLESS they barked at him and then he turned on them again! Poor Bonnie! As I'm typing this, I think I should send her bonus pay! LOL! And if my two sitters are busy again, I guess I ain't going nowhere! ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lori I have seen talledaga nights and it is funny and stupid at the same time!!
and about jax I could have watched
him I was home!!!
also ur not old!!