Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's SNOWING!!!

Yippee!!! It's only light right now, but it's still snow!! I have to tell you that the kids at school and myself will be VERY disappointed if we are at school tomorrow! We just know it's going to be a snow day!!!
*Tip for all my bloggin' parent friends:
Here's the story (short version!) ~ I have a student in my room who is constantly picking on kids, inappropriately touching girls, disrupting the classroom, you name it. We will call him trouble student ~ seems appropriate! I have sent him to the office numerous times. It doesn't really do any good. Today, I had a set of parents come to my room with concerns because their child was getting sick every morning and not wanting to come to school anymore. Why? B/c trouble student was bullying him everyday! These parents have a special needs child who really isn't able to take up for himself and doesn't communicate well. I'm sure you can guess how sneaky my trouble student is, so I didn't know he was picking on this child. I told the parents to please voice their concerns to the office. I explained to them that them going to the office instead of me going would get more done! And bingo - the child is suspended for 5 days!!!! So - parents, of course, talk to the teacher first, but take it to the office if it doesn't get better!! Sometimes we have tried, but they don't listen to us like they do you!!!
On a sweet note, several boys in my class have offered to keep an eye on their classmate to make sure he isn't being picked on or bullied! (and yes, I told them not to get into fights with anyone ~ to just bring the situation to my attention! ha!)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow. It seems those parents know how to get things done. Like your student, Avery told me Monday that everyday her stomach was hurting before school. I asked her why and she said that she didn't know. I KNOW!!! I am trying to wait and see if it doesn't get better now that the teacher has moved Avery away from this boy. When I talked to her Monday morning, I wasn't too pleased with what she said. Her response is that he does this to all the children. And so... It really upsets me. I told her that I was probably going to go talk to the principal about it and she said that would be great. I thought that was interesting. I guess she just doesn't know what to do with him. But it makes me feel better that you had that reaction too. For those parents to go see the principal. Anyway, I won't bore you any longer. Just thought that I would fill you in and thank you for being so supportive. I really am thankful for your comments!

I think that the other boys in your class are precious for looking after the bullied boy. So sweet. THAT is what I want MY boy to be!!

Lindsay said...

it was snowing here too!
HUGE flakes!
I wish it would have stayed a bit longer though!