Monday, April 23, 2007

My 200th Post!!!

Crazy, but true! I really just started blogging to easily share pictures with family and friends. Now I am hooked, and it has even taken the place of writing in my journal. It now IS my journal! However, I didn't and still don't always know some of the blogging basics - apparently for your 100th post, you write 100 things about yourself, then you post it in your sidebar. THEN, when new people visit your blog, they can read it to quickly get a "glimpse" at who you are! I missed that - so here it is on my 200th post. (because I admit to liking reading them on other people's blogs that I visit!) If you are interested, read on - if not, hope you come back tomorrow! ha!

Here goes nothing (100 things is ALOT!!):
1. I am a 3rd grade teacher.
2. I am working on my master's degree...
3. in library media (elementary librarian)
4. I have taught for 9 years now...
5. at the same school in the projects.
6. I have taught 1st grade...
7. and 2nd grade.
8. I teach rising 5th graders in the summers.
9. I get way too attached to my kids!
10. I always cry the last day of school. (although this year may be a first - ha!)
11. I turned 34 this year.
12. I am divorced...
13. for 3 years now.
14. I was married for 8 years.
15. Divorce was one of the hardest times of my life.
16. My ex-husband is from Australia...
17. which is how I got to travel there.
18. We actually managed a friendly divorce..
19. and I consider him a dear friend to this day.
20. I believe there is no need to waste life or time being bitter...
21. hence one of my favorite quotes "find joy in every journey".
22. I don't have kids (maybe someday).
23. only have "fur" kids...
24. two cats - Simba and Nala...
25. one rotten boxer - Jax
26. I volunteer for boxer rescue in Arkansas.
27. I have a guinea pig, rabbit and fish in my classroom as pets.
28. Everyone knows I am a HUGE animal lover!!
29. I came by that trait honestly from my Mom.
30. I was raised on 10 acres with cats, dogs and horses.
31. I also love gardening (working in the flowerbeds).
32. love scrapbooking
33. My girlfriends and I scrapbook at my house once a month for a girl's night .
34. love tulips...
35. and sunflowers (have a tatoo of one on my ankle)
36. Springtime is my favorite season when everything is blooming.
37. I am not a very good girly, girl!
38. I dress for comfort...
39. and don't neccessarily LOVE to shop...
40. I could wear my tennis shoes or berkenstocks everyday!
41. LOVE to camp in the summer...
42. just bought a new pop-up camper
43. My favorite childhood memories are from camping trips.
44. I HAVE to start my day with a Dr. Pepper and pop-tarts!
45. Won't drink anything but Dr. Pepper!
46. I am a major homebody!
47. I am usually found with family or at home.
48. I am dating my best friend from High School and college.
49. We dated once before when we were 16 (for about 6 months).
50. We have known each other since we were little kids...
51. were raised in the same church...
52. used to get in trouble for passing notes in the back pew.
53. My boyfriend is a recovering alcoholic.
54. I fully support him in his daily battle with the disease.
55. In return, I have never been more loved in my life.
56. I love to read...
57. and try to pass that love of reading on to my kiddo's at school.
58. I am way behind on my books to read at the moment.
59. I blame it on Cosmo and Us Weekly - ha!
60. I am addicted to the computer!!

61. E-mailing and blogging can really suck me in for hours!
62. I HATE to cook!
63. Luckily, my boyfriend (Kevin) is GREAT at it and actually likes it!
64. I am a definate case of type-A personality!
65. I am majorly organized...
66. and like organizing things...
67. can't help it!
68. (and Kevin is the opposite of type-A personality! ha!)
69. I like a clean house - no wait, I LOVE a clean house!
70. I admit to indulging and having a cleaning lady - she ROCKS!!
71. only on 71...ok... i love to laugh!
72. I try to laugh daily.
73. I HATE my freckles!
74. HATE THEM - if I could change one thing about myself that would be it!
75. I wish I had stayed out of the sun when I was younger.
76. I envy those with flawless skin (my cousin Kristen is a great example of GREAT skin!)
77. I do like my feet though - I'll have to take a picture for ya! ha!
78. My toes are cute! :-)
79. I am NOT a morning person!!
80. Do not talk to me until I've been up for at least an hour!
81. I blare my music really loud in the car...
82. especially in the mornings on the way to work.
83. I think I have adult ADD.
84. My attention span gets shorter and shorter!!
85. I have a hard time sitting still for a movie.
86. I always check a DVD to see how long it is before I watch it.
87. Then I time how much longer until I can get up! ha!
88. I have one brother...
89. we are total opposites...
90. so we drive each other crazy!
91. I have a beautiful niece...
92. who is horse crazy like my Mom.
93. My proudest moment was graduating college...
94. and winning teacher of the year last year.
95. It was nice to be acknowledged for what I love to do!
96. I hope to finish my Masters,
97. continue being silly,
98. and laughing at myself,
99. enjoy where life takes me,
100. and live happily ever after! :-)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats...

:-)

Tasha said...

YAY! 100 things. I learned alot...Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great list!!! I did my 100's list before I actually hit 100...lol...I didn't know the rules back then :) and I'm way over 200 now, and totally missed that one. heehee.

marykathryn said...

Oh My Goodness!! You sound like a blast!! I too am a MAJOR Dr. Pepper fan!! There are many similarities and I could list them all, but that would probably turn into a post..hehe
So cool that I got to know you a little better!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

la bellina mammina said...

Hi - I stopped over from Mary Kathryn. Nice to get to know new people. and I learn something new about rules in blogging!