Thursday, April 12, 2007

Friday Favorites

**First thanks for all the support yesterday!! It was NEEDED and appreciated! My troubled student is back in Alternative School until the 22nd, and then going to a camp for troubled youth. This is great news b/c it will provide him individual counseling as well as family counseling!

Because I don't like to focus on the negative for too long, my Friday Favorite this week is....

Favorite Classroom Story of the week!

hee-hee! I thought this was too funny! I got this email on Monday from a "parent" that I stay in regular contact with through e-mail...

hi Ms.J ,can you E_ mail me about how Talk _alot is going to do this week at any time.

Now I didn't think it was odd that she referred to her daughter as Talk_alot b/c we have nicknamed her "Ms. Talk-a-lot". I did think to myself - man she must have been in a hurry when she typed this (she doesn't normally make typo's in her emails).

I got this email from the REAL parent this morning:

Hey I found out that Mrs. Smarty pants has been checking my e-mails. She figured out my pass code. The e-mail below was sent by her, not me. I just happened to look at my sent mail and realize that I had not e-mailed you on Monday and she was at home. I tell you I don't know what we're going to do with her. Anyway I think she knows better than to do that again, but can you believe that, I said boy what is she going to be doing by the time she gets to high school. : ) Ichanged my password so I don't think that she can get into it anymore, but just in case if you see any e-mails from me that look suspicious, please let meknow.

HA!!! Now how funny is that!! I love it!!! What a good laugh after the day I had just the day before!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, sounds like Ms. talk a lot/smarty pants got busted.

Mom has really got her hands full.

Glad the problem child has been dealt with...maybe now you and your classroom can have a good rest of the year.
Peggy

Tasha said...

Glad to hear that problem child is going to get some help..hopefully he wil be able to work out his problems.

WOW, Ms Smarty pants has some nerve. Crazy how kids are these days.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty smart for a 3rd grader! (and sneaky). I can't believe that she referred to herself with the nickname. Funny.

Lindsey said...

OMG that is just too much! Totally busted! Did you let her know that you knew that she had done that?

L said...

Heh heh - God love ya honey - you are one special person to teach!

Trina said...

Oh No! I wouldn't be very happy with my boys going through my email and responding. They would be in BIG trouble. However, it sounds like that mommy took care of it, hopefully! Although keeping things in perspective and trying to laugh about such things is a great way to handle it!