Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend Adventures

Let's just start with Friday - I'll try to keep it short! I took a "mental health" day from work. I thought I would start by mowing the yard (& then play all afternoon! ha!) I mowed three rows and the mower quit and was smoking! It has been on its last leg for awhile. So...I weedeated and figured I'd suck it up and price some lawnmowers that afternoon (not something I enjoy spending money on!). First, I had a fun lunch with my buddy, Peggy. We rode the downtown trolley and had lunch outside on the balcony of one of the restuarants downtown. That was fun - it was a beautiful day! I also managed to get my bill of sale, title, and insurance done for my new pop-up camper. THEN, I looked for mowers. Found one at Lowe's - even called two back-ups for advice on what to do. (because it was used - i.e. returned) You know where this is going! Ha! We all agreed it was a good deal - troy bilt, self-propelled, mulcher, ez-start, two year warranty still, yada, yada. I got a $269 mower for $150! I was pumped! I had time to mow before Kevin got into town, so I got home and started mowing. All was well...I was truckin' it. I got the back done - moved to the front - THEN, suddenly my self-propelled mower became a push mower!! URGH! Then, I even saw a puff of smoke when I tried to restart it! My neighbor came to the rescue and fixed it. (I have the BEST neighbors!!) But the mower was returned to Lowe's the next day & now I still need one! But the yard is mowed, so I got two weeks at least to figure it out! LOL!
Saturday was full of adventures - long stories short. Kevin and I managed to pick up my camper and bring it home, return the lawnmower to Lowe's, drive to the meat market in the neigboring town, realize neither one of us had our wallet, discover Kevin has lost his, then we find his wallet (he left it at the grocery store!), buy plants for the garden, put in the garden, finish up a flowerbed and clean out some gutters - whew! Teamwork ROCKS!
Here is a picture of our plants for the garden: After much discussion on where the garden should go, Farmer Brown got to till up the dirt and start work. I have a case of Type-A personality (no snickering!) & the garden needed to be centered - who cares about the sunlight? HA!Our finished product - with squash, tomatoes (big and small), zuccini (sp?), rosemary, basil, and I am sure I am forgetting something! Now I have to keep it watered and weeded! yikes!And last, not a part of the garden, but dinner Kevin cooked us after all that work! The boy can COOK! YUM! The neighbors even called to see what smelled so good coming from my backyard - not a normal occurance! ha!
See the strawberries behind the meat? yummy! Strawberries and ice cream for dessert!!!!

And today was a day of rest! (After Church and lunch with Sandy, Troy, Tanner, and Hunter)


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I love the garden!!

Tasha said...

I have no idea how you fit ALL that stuff into one weekend. I am tired just reading it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Peppers! You forgot the freakin' peppers! We have Sweet Banana and Jalepenos.

Lori said...

I KNEW I forgot something!!