Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Doggie Thoughts

Yesterday, I got an email from one of my friends - a friend that also treats her critters like family. My heart is aching for her, because she had to make that difficult decision to put not one, but two of her elderly "fur kids" to sleep. You know, some people think I'm nuts for treating my critters like I do and how spoiled they are (I really don't care b/c I didn't get to have kids & they ARE my kids!) But my friend, Debbie, takes spoiling her "fur kids" way beyond what even I do! (if you can imagine!) Trust me, if you are a dog, you want to live with Debbie! She rescues abused and abandoned dashchunds, and not a one could want for anything once they make it to her doorstep!! Her dogs have their own room!!! I am NOT kidding and when she tells them it is bedtime, they each go to their spot, and she tucks 'em in!! So, you can imagine how this is breaking her heart to lose two of her babies in one day. They did have a good, long life - no doubt about that! EmiLou was 18!! and Daisy was 16!! Wow! For those of you reading this that know Debbie - she has requested not to receive condolences right now b/c she can't handle it yet, so please don't email her. I'll be happy to pass anything along for you when she's ready!
It did make me miss my Rocky yesterday when I heard the news & brought back all those memories of having to make that decision. It is so hard - even when you know in your heart it is the right thing. I am crying as I type this b/c I see his smiling face, and I miss that dog so much and those big brown eyes!!

All of us in my spoiled, rotten critter household, send Debbie doggie slobbers, kitty purrs, and hugs!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."~Unknown....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for making me cry at work this morning! I feel for Debbie - losing a pet is so hard, I can't imagine losing two at once. I'll hug my babies for her. Tell her I'm thinking of her.

Tasha said...

Thats a really hard decision to make. We had to lay my cat Thunder down a couple of years ago and nothing has been able to replace him. I find pictures of him and I want to cry. he was the best dang cat I ever had.

Lindsey said...

Aw that is so hard to do. Especially two at the same time. Hugs and prayers being sent her way:) And your's too.