Sunday, April 15, 2007

Horsin' Around...

This weekend was Autumn's (my niece) first horse show of the season. It was cold and miserable weather, but we toughed it out for her! Me, Sandy and Kayce made it our Saturday afternoon adventure. It was Kayce's first horse show, and she ate it up!! She was lovin' it! You know I took my camera ~ so here are some pics from the day! (Note how city girl Kayce dressed the cowgirl part for the day! too cute!)


We were exhausted when we got home!! The three of us city girls went out to eat when we got home, and all of us almost laid our heads down on the table and went to sleep. (And we weren't even the ones riding & keeping up with the horses!) I know Mom and Dad are tired b/c the horses were acting crazy all day ~ first time out for the year and the weather was nuts! Those shows go on for hours too! We watched her in four events and there were many more to go!!
Today was fun too ~ me, Peggy, and Sandy went looking at open houses. For no other reason than to get decorating ideas and look at paint colors! ha! Of course, it always makes you want to build or buy a new house! ha! We all found a builder we love to build our new houses when I win the lottery....speaking of...I've gotta go check those numbers! :-)

6 comments:

L said...

Those pics of the girls are ADORABLE! I love Autie's pink boots and Kacye looks so cute w/the braids and hat! You know you've got to scrap these!

Tasha said...

I have never been to a horse show before...Looks fun.

Anonymous said...

Kayce and I had so much fun - even though it was FREEZING! Looking forward to the next show - She's hooked!

marykathryn said...

A rodeo girl huh? Well my cousin used to race barrels or whatever they call it and I know their family was pretty into it...sounds like you had a LOOONG day!!
I love to look at houses and get new ideas too..there is always great ideas out there huh?
Plus when you see the ones you don't like, it is a bonus because you didn't have to spend the money on the paint..hehe

Trina said...

My husband's family has been into the rodeo for years! That's pretty cool!
I love to look at other peoples homes to get great ideas and see what they did with this or that.

Anonymous said...

This slide show is so adorable. Looks like a good time. Maybe I'll catch you when the weather warms up.