Thursday, April 26, 2007

A challenge for you...

Something really nice happened to me today, and I have to share b/c if I were still writing in my journal, I would write about this. A friend of mine sent me an email. We all get email everyday from friends, I know. But this email was out of the blue and really was touching, and uplifting, and well, it almost made me cry! (I probably would have if I hadn't been at work!) First, let me share the email (hope she doesn't mind! But you know, no topic is safe from the blog! ha!) After you read it, you will understand how it changed my day and then I will tell you my challenge~

Hey Girlie!

I just wanted to take a minute to tell you how proud I am of you. You have gone through a lot in the last few years and risen above all of it. A lot of people would not have pulled themselves back up as you have done. Your pain has not made you bitter. Through all your own troubles you have kept your compassion for others and have always been there to offer a helping hand to those who needed it. You continue to strive to better yourself even though you have accomplished more than many. You are a good friend, a teacher, a home owner, a proud pet parent. You make a budget and stick to it! Even with your busy life you make time for yourself. You enjoy life.
You are an inspiration.
I thought someone needed to tell you ...


Wow! First of all, what a great friend, advisor, listener, and inspiration of strength she is to me!! I just kind of sat back and thought that was really nice to hear! I am so swamped right now with work and my Masters that I am just ready for it to be next week and my final and interim reports to be over! This email made me SLOW down today! It will all get done...no need to rush! Then I thought, there are so many people close to me that I love and admire but really have never taken the time to tell them just how wonderful they are...this is where my challenge comes in! Let's all take a time-out and email or call at least one person in our life and tell them something positive about themselves - give them an uplifting, positive message. I bet it will make their day like this did for me!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great idea!! I love it! And I got goosebumps reading what your friend wrote to you too.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

That's a fantastic idea, and something I was going to blog about as well after a great conversation I had with a friend of mine yesterday...

Anonymous said...

Baby, I'm your boyfriend. I'm supposted to say those things about you! Just Joking. Your friend is just telling you what we all feel about you.