Monday, March 05, 2007

weekend & other stuff

This weekend I put all master's work out of my head and went to see my man! We had fun even though he had to work most of the weekend! We finally found a decent place to eat in that neck of the woods - I am here to tell you that the folks in NE Arkansas are in desperate need of some good restaurants and a scrapbook store! How do they survive???? ha!

Anyway - Monday morning always slaps me real good in the face with the blaring of the alarm clock. I hit snooze as many times as I could and still manage to get to work right before the kids come waltzing in! I made it and we survived the day - even with all the boring testing practice!!! We have one of our big tests next week - yuck!

In exciting news, on my way back home, I stopped off at the parents place (because Mom is cleaning out all her closets and giving it to me to donate for her - which means we are shifting stuff from one garage to another! ha! I'm about to have a big clean out day!!). When I got there, they were getting the separate pen area ready for Mindy (the horse who is expecting a foal anytime this month!!) So - pretty soon I should have some awesome pics of our newest addition to the family farm. I have included some pics of our first and only other foal in all the time we've had horses and lived in the country (since I was in 9th grade and the colt came along when I was in college). Isn't it precious?? I know Mom has always regretted letting him go and so this time I'm pretty sure the colt/filly will stay with us forever. Especially now that Autumn is in the picture - my niece pretty much gets whatever she wants and she is a horse nut like my Mom!! Between the two of them, this new foal ain't going anywhere!! I can't wait b/c Autumn is going to just flip out with a foal around!!! I hope I am there to see her face the first time she gets to actually see it. I remember being fascinated myself as a twenty-year-old. Their legs are like sticks & their tail looks kind of fluffy...it's the neatest thing!
*I am NOT the horse expert like my Mom and niece. The only way I will ever have horses is if I win the lottery and can call down to the stables and have the cute stable boy get the horse saddled up and ready. That being said - I had to call Mom twice just to get my terms right in this post. Here's what I learned: when you don't know the sex of a baby horse - it is a foal. Once it's born, if it is a boy, then it is a colt. If it is a girl, it is a filly. Good to know!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be so exciting. When I was in high school the friend I rode with everyday had a foal, (I learned that from you-can you use that on people when you can't tell their sex?), anyway, she called that morning right after it was born and I got to watch it stand up for the first time. It was amazing. Glad you got a weekend with your sweetie.
Peggy