Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Break Day 6

Simba's favorite part of Spring ~ torturing the backyard wildlife!
Run, Lizard, Run!!!
Today was mulch day! I learned today that it takes two truckloads of mulch to do all my flowerbeds. I have two in the front yard and now four in the back yard. (is backyard one word or two?) Anyway ~ it is soooo much cheaper to get it by the truckload rather than the bags! I got two truckloads for $40!! That would only buy about 10 or 11 bags & it takes that much to do my one big bed! So ~ big thanks to Mom & Dad for letting me borrow the big 'ole truck!! I did not have any mishaps in it today!! whew!
The above pic is the big flowerbed I put in last year along the fence. I LOVE laying in that swing and just chillin'. (got it at a yard sale from Aunt Kim ~ one man's trash is another's treasure b/c I love that swing! Thanks Kim!) The flowerbed below is my favorite of all my flowerbeds! I love sitting on the bench and feeding the fish and watching them swim ~ very relaxing! Both of these beds will be gorgeous with blooms in about a month too!! yay!
The new flowerbed got a weedguard and mulch today. I am going to do some planting tomorrow! What do you think Jax is whispering to her? hee-hee!

1 comments:

Tasha said...

Nice flower beds, looks like you have been working hard. I hate gardening, but this year in our new house Chris is already making plans for the outside...
FUN