Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring Break Day 5

Today was a busy, productive day!! I started off this morning with the easy stuff. I cleared out the donation pile in the garage and got it donated FINALLY!! Then, I went to Best Buy (love that place!!) and got Tim McGraw's new CD that was released yesterday!! I love that first song ~ "1,2,3 like a bird I sing b/c you've given me the most beautiful set of wings" ~ and his kids are precious at the end singing. I also picked up a chick flick fo tonight & Season 7 of King of Queens. I have to have an episode to watch before I go to bed & chuckle ~ LOVE Kevin James!! Then, I had lunch with my friend Carey and her little boy (who is too cute!). We went to Faded Rose, which is one of my all time favorite restaurants. On the way home, I stopped off to get a truckload of dirt and the real work began!! Funny story (and Mom - Dad really doesn't have to know about this!) ~ I took one wheelbarrow of dirt into the backyard and decided it would be soooo much easier if I just drove the truck back there instead! HA! Look at the picture below to see what a tight fit my double gate is b/c of the air conditioner and Dad's truck is huge!! (won't even fit in the garage!!) I called my teenage neighbor who loves to earn extra money by working & he tried to guide me through the gate ~ again, HA! Let's just say I had the front end of the truck in the backyard and the backend still in the front yard. I am halfway thru and the back tire is about to hit the AC unit ~ crap! What do we do now?? I couldn't even open the door! So we went forward a bit and back a bit over and over, and then I am starting to panic thinking "how am I going to explain this to dad?" Eventually we managed to back the truck out without hitting the AC unit ~ whew! And we parked it where you see in the picture to unload the dirt!!!
And this is what the flowerbed progress looks like today:
(tomorrow is mulch day!)My next door neighbor came by to check my status and see the flowerbed. Her husband took one look at my backyard and had sympathy on me! THANK GOODNESS!! He has a riding lawnmower, so he offered to mow the backyard with his riding lawnmower!! yay! I have AWESOME neighbors! So, my next door neighbor mowed the back, Jorge (teenage neighbor) mowed the front, and I weed-eated and edged. Here is what the back looks like now:
(much better - huh?)Now I am going to soak in a hot bathtub and then hit the couch for some movie watchin'!!!

1 comments:

Tasha said...

I thought for sure you were gonna say you hit your house with the big ole truck...LOL