Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Break Day 3

Couple of funny stories from the past two days:
*Yesterday, as we are getting started on building the wall for the flowerbed, Kevin said something about the smell on the backdeck. I had noticed this smell since Friday, but I had emptied the pond Friday night and thought it was the pond water b/c the pump wasn't circulating it.... So, I tell him it is just the pond water, and it will go away when I get the pond set back up. WRONG! He says, "No, honey, you have a dead animal under the deck." WHAT!!??!! And then...I remember the opossum from the other night! I knew it didn't look like it was going to survive Jax's attack. I even looked under the deck the next morning to make sure it hadn't crawled under there to die (apparently I missed it or this was another opossum!!) So ... now I have a stinky dead opossum WAY under the deck - not easily reachable!!! While Kevin is busy working on making my wall level, I am brainstorming ways to remove this nasty opossum from under the deck!! It seemed to smell even worse now that I knew what the smell was! ha! Eventually, I got a garden rake and pulled it out with that - the worst part was she was so far under the deck that I had to get under the deck a bit to get it out and that freaked me out! So ~ naturally I screamed like a school girl the entire time I was pulling it out from there! URGH!! Words cannot describe how nasty it was (thought about taking a picture for my faithful blog readers to see but I figured you would rather NOT see it!!). I picked it up with a shovel and threw it on my burn pile (thinking that even though I was screaming and wanting to throw up, I was making my country momma proud! I mean, no opossum has survived a trip to my Mom's barn. She wacks 'em over the head with a shovel!! LOL!) When I threw it on the burn pile, it turned over and there was a baby in its pouch ~ kinda sad, but not really b/c these critters are just gross!!! Needless to say, my burn pile is now burned! ha! Cross that off the list too!
*My other funny story is from this morning!! Kevin drove his dad's little blue truck down here (I think it's an S-10). Anyway - we had loaded it up yesterday with the landscape bricks and some bags of dirt. We just drove it into the backyard to empty (funny from that is another incident to prove how brainless my dog can be ~ he goes towards a moving vechile & tries to fit b/t it and the gate to get to me. Idiot almost got ran over! And again, I was screaming, "Stop!! He doesn't know what a moving car is! Apparently!!" ha!). Ok - I am off track - we left the truck in the back and this morning when Kevin got ready to leave, we (he) got it stuck in the backyard! hee-hee! Kevin wasn't laughing but I thought it was hilarious! It was just spinning out ~ I really almost went in to get the camera, but I figured if I took a break at that moment to do that, the man might kill me! He wasn't finding the humor in the situation at that moment!! So - I took some "after" pictures for your amusement! And, Kevin did laugh, once we got it out (with him pushing and me punching the gas!)
And, in my defense, I know the grass/weeds are too tall but my lawn mower is broken! I have a teenager coming to mow this week!

Notice the board - that was my idea to get the truck out - didn't work! But I still thought it was pretty good thinking for a girl! :-)

I did manage to cross off getting the pond ready for the season today. I worked on that most of the day. Then, my neighbor, Taylar and I went searching for some new fish to restock. After visiting two pet stores, we ended up getting them from Wal-Mart!! I tried to get a picture, but they weren't cooperating today! I love my floating frog I found in Hot Springs last weekend!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Gosh!! You better be paying this cute teenagers some major bucks....does he own a hay baler (dont know how to spell) or is he renting one just for your yard!!!