Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Longer days = Spring is here

The time change is kicking my butt in the mornings this week! And, I hate driving to work when it's still dark. But the plus side of the time change is that the afternoon is longer & my flowerbeds are calling!! I absolutely love working in the flowerbeds. I have cleaned out the different beds around my house all week after school. Major therapy for me! Stress relief - whatever you want to call it...Check out all the new buds and plants coming up!

This is around my pond ~ my favorite spot in the backyard! It's great b/c it's right by the dining room window and when the weather is nice (like this week) I can raise the windows and hear the fountain of the pond. In sad news, this is the first year I lost fish. I only have two left!! But it's only b/c a neighorhood cat was getting in the backyard and fishing!! The nerve!! Since the doggy door, no more random cats! yay! My fish are safe again!!
This is also around the pond. Here's the thing with me, I love to work in the flowerbeds & have managed to put in a new one every year I have lived here. BUT don't ask me the names of plants! I just stick 'em in the ground and see if they grow! I am also lucky and have friends that share their plants with me when things need to be split. I can't wait for a few more weeks to pass and the blooms start in! The color is gorgeous!!! Can you tell I'm excited? ha!

Here's my burn pile that has accumulated this week. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl! I love a good burn pile! And last ~ the spot of my new flowerbed!! In a few weeks, you will get the "after" shot. This is my Spring Break project - yeah!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed you are already getting the flower beds ready. If you run out beds before energy I have a couple that need little TLC. You can pick out whatever you want to add to yours!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the after pics! I've thought about trying to plant a garden, but I'm much too prissy for that. I would never get out there and pull weeds, ewwww I'd get all dirty! ha! Sad, I know.

Anonymous said...

Poor P. Sherman...

Anonymous said...

Do we need to have a fish funeral?

Anonymous said...

Forget the weeding....you need to MOW!! Don't set the brush pile on fire or your whole house may go up in flames!! heehee
Michelle

Lori said...

I know!! ha! I don't have a working lawnmower at the moment ~ another spring break project!

Lindsey said...

Those flower beds are going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see the after pics. I love putting my hands in the dirt and working things around and making things pretty too. And then I love scrubbing my hands and MAYBE getting a manicure when I'm done too. I'm a country girl that's been suburbanized now....I admit it!