Sunday, March 18, 2007

Girls Weekend!!!





Friday we (me, Mom, my aunt Kim, and two cousins - Peggy & Sandy) took off and headed to Hot Springs for our yearly girls weekend. Yippeee!!! We went to the The Crab Shack Friday night for dinner where Peggy and Kim taught me how to eat crabs! Yes, I am 34 and had never eaten crab legs before!! Well, now I have! They were good but messy! ha! After dinner, we shopped some and then Saturday morning shopped some more before the races. Kim and Peggy found this "bling" store downtown that they loved and the rest of us went on down to the Fudge Factory (chocolate over bling anyday for me! ha!)
Then...we hit the races. LOVE the horse races, and I lose everytime! ha! BUT, I only lost $40! And $5 of that I borrowed from Mom! LOL! I thought I could get it all back in the last race! Hey - on two of the races, if my horse would've come in 2nd instead of 3rd, I'd have brought home $200! But, it didn't happen! I think Mom was the winner for the day!!! She does that every year and still I don't listen to her! ha!
Anyway...we had a great time of shopping, girl talk, good food, good company, and no men! (except text messaging!! LOL!)
And today...I am just being plain lazy!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ya know Lori...you get to do the most fun things every weekend! I'm so jealous! Your pictures are great, and you ladies all look so relaxed! Glad you had so much fun! I will have to put one of these together.......

Tasha said...

Sounds like a great time!