Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weekend

Kevin & his nephews, Austin & Ethan
Kevin's family ~ his parents, sister & his nephews ~ this is a good
picture of all them!!

Me & Austin ~ I adore him!! :-)
Me & Kevin
Kevin's Grandmother with all her grandkids!

This weekend, I went to see Kevin (big surprise ~ ha!) & his grandmother had her 80th birthday party on Sunday. She had a great turn out! Funny part is that I ran into distant family there too ~ just part of us both coming from such a small town! My great-grandmother's sister was there. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because Kevin's Grandmother told us over Thanksgiving that she used to pick cotton with my Great-Grandmother. (pretty neat - huh?) Anyway ~ it was one of those times that you recognize someone and you know you are related to them, but can't remember how!! ha! Kevin's aunt and Uncle helped us figure it out. At first his aunt was worried we (me & Kevin) might be related!! We aren't (well I think somehow down the line we ARE, but by marriage so we are safe! ha!) Of course, some would argue, we are from Arkansas, so....

LOL!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is too funny that ya'll thought maybe you'd be related. THAT would be weird to say the least, huh? That is so cool that they knew each other picking COTTON!! SO COOL. Somebody had a good memory. I hope nobody expects me to remember stuff like that when I am older. I have a hard enough time remembering what happened YESTERDAY!!! Ha Ya'll are so cute. The whole family. So you and Kevin are dating??? Ya'll make a very nice couple. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I know they will be very special to you. These days any picture we take with the grandparents, we all look at each other like this might be the last one. As morbid as that is. Yucky. Sorry. Too morbid for early in the morning huh? Sorry. Have an AWESOME day!!

BTW-Of my comments are sparatic, it is because your posts are not showing up as newly posted on my Bloglines. Yours isn't the only one and I am trying to figure out what is going on. I won't forget about cha though!!

Lori said...

Only in Arkansas! ha!

And yes, Kevin & I have been dating for about 6 months but have known each other and been friends since we were little kids. We just both found ourselves single again in our 30's. Funny how things work out! :-)