Thursday, February 08, 2007

Great Day!!

It was a great birthday ~ that will continue through the weekend! Somehow as I've gotten older, my birthday is no longer a one day celebration! It is my "birthday week" or my "birthday weekend"! ha! My kids at school were pretty good to me today (I bribed 'em with cupcakes!!) I set those cupcakes front and center this morning and told them they had to EARN them! I wasn't just giving them away!! They believed me! (except for one who must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed ~ but we called his momma & that worked!) hee-hee!
It's really hard not to feel special when everyone calls, emails, and send texts to you on your birthday!! Thanks everybody! THEN, my family surprised me with a birthday dinner tonight! You all know that I meet my cousin (Sandy) and her son (Tanner) for dinner every Wednesday night at TaMolly's. This week we decided to go tonight ~ for obvious reasons ~ single girl, boyfriend lives 3 hours away, don't want to be sitting at home eating a pot full of mac and cheese with the dog on your birthday! LOL! So....anyway...I get off track! We decided to meet tonight! When I showed up, there was a big table waiting for me!! SO SWEET!!! Peggy, Alan, Jared, Tiarra, Sandy, Tanner, Kayce, Uncle Joel, Aunt Rita, Uncle Mel, and Erin were all there! They even put the birthday sombrero hat on me and sang!! It was a good time, and Uncle Joel even shared some old family history with us about my great grandparents. My great-grandparents bought their first house for $400!!! Their house payment was $5 a month & they didn't know how they were going to make it when my Great-Grandfather was only making $29 a month from his military pay while he was away in WWII. Amazing!!!
Oh ~ and PS. It's official that I'm getting old! I "lost" my classroom keys today, and they were hanging on the keychain around my arm. Then tonight I started digging in my purse for my car keys and they were in my other hand!!!! geez! I'm only 34! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday!!!! Sounds like you have a great family!! That was a nice surprise! My hubby is going to be turning 30 in April, so I'm gonna have to throw him a party!!!

Nicole said...

You DO NOT look 34!! I thought that you were in your early 20's! You look great for your age. NOT that 34 is old. (man I am digging myself a hole, huh? I hate that)

It sounds like your birthday was SO fun. What a nice surprise! Happy Birthday!

Lindsay said...

Imissed your b-day :(
I am horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!
Sounds like you had a blast!

Lindsey said...

Glad your day (s) was so great!! I love it that you made your students earn the treat!!! Have a great weekend!