Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Highlights...

Just going over the highlights of the day b/c I'm sick of being at the computer (hard to believe I know! ha! But I haven't been doing fun stuff like blogging. I've been doing research for my masters presentation! urgh!)
* First thing this AM got notice that my bully student who makes us all miserable everyday is sentenced to Alternative School for 45 days!! I couldn't believe it! He has been gone for a week on suspension and sadly, the whole atmosphere of our room is different. The kids aren't on edge, & we are actually learning!! Wow! I do pray this poor kid gets some help before he gets too much older!!!
*After coming down off the high of realizing I will have a normal classroom for a few weeks, I notice interim reports are due Monday! Already?? AND, I have this project for my master's class. So - instantly I feel stress! This weekend will NOT be fun for me - it will be WORK! yuck! Luckily, I have to take my car to the shop so I can't avoid work by shopping. (I will have to stay off of the computer though! ha!)
*Valentine Party tomorrow will NOT help the 'ole stress level! I am exhausted just thinking about it! 23 hyper children all day!! At least I can bribe 'em with the party until 1:00! ha!
*It was my weekly dinner night @ TaMolly's with Sandy and Tanner tonight so that was, of course, the highlight of my day!! (She paid me to say that! ha!)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I feel your pain with the masters work and the party tomorrow. Parties at school as a teacher=frustration and irritation all around! I am almost done with my masters paper. Then I am stopping classes for awhile. I only have 1 semester left, but I just can't do it right now! My big ole research paper was....not something I learned how to be a better teacher from doing. It taught me how to write a huge paper, and that's it!! My research was jaded because...well, it's a long story, too long for this comment! Anyway, good luck, and I would love to commiserate with your though email about the paper writing stuff. When you take a break from your work, drop me an email! lanezee@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Sweetie! Wait, that doesn't fit my new bad-boy image. What I meant to say was, Get you ass to Rector! I want you for Valentines Day!

Nicole said...

OH. Those bullys sure know how to make everything stressful huh. Well, 45 days is pretty good. Enjoy that time. I hope you don't stay too stressed. Happy Valentine's Day!!