Friday, February 02, 2007

I love snow pictures!!

Jax hates the snow & is thinking "woman would you hurry up, it's cold out here!" ha!



The snowflakes were never very big, but I'll take 'em! :-)
The school district in the town that I live in is closed today, but the district I work for is open! Yesterday we should've been open and today at least delayed!! I left for work, but the little country road you have to drive down to get to my house was a sheet of ice. I managed to get to the main highway that connects to it and traffic was crawling on ice patches. I turned around and came home. I decided I was a teacher, and therefore, should not ever have to drive on that stuff! It is supposed to be one of the perks of the job! ha! I tried to call the office to tell them I would just be a little late - give the freakin' sun time to come out and melt some of it. But what do you know?? The administration isn't even there, so what am I worried about? I am going in at lunch (one downside to teaching is that you have to miss the whole day or half a day - you can't just leave for an hour for a dentist appt. like most jobs - of course, we do get the whole summer off so it's a good trade!!)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Do you really get the whole summer off??? We are done the END of June and go back the middle of AUGUST. What happened to 3 months?? I'm not complaining, well, maybe a little, but seriously, do those extra couple of weeks really make our kids smarter? Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm glad you didn't drive in on a sheet of ice!!! When you did get there, how many teachers/students still weren't there?

Lori said...

We usually finish up the beginning of June and go back middle of August. One year we got out the week of Memorial Day and didn't go back after the holiday weekend - now that was nice!!

We had a TON of kids/teachers out on Friday! Most classes only had about 4 or 5 kids. I, of course, had the most kids out of the whole building with 12! :-)

Lindsay said...

GREAT pictures L!
LOVE THEM!