Monday, February 12, 2007

Then & Now....

This is me & Kevin at 15 years old going to the Christmas dance together. Hee-hee! Look at all that hair I had! This is us 18 years later dating again! Who would have thought?
We were best buddies for so many years, then both married other people, drifted apart, and ended up divorced in our 30's to find each other again. Life is funny sometimes.
We were just saying today that we had to go through all the stuff we did to get to where we are now and truly be able to appreciate each other. I hate to admit it, but he was my buddy in those high school and college years, and I just didn't really think of him any other way. He has such a big heart and is so thoughtful and a nice guy! I didn't appreciate nice guys back then...my dad said I had a thing for the bad boys (actually he said that not very long ago, but I get off subject! ha!). My point is - back then, I wouldn't have appreciated Kevin for the person he has become and I know I would've taken advantage of him. Now that I have been down the ugly road of divorce and disappointment, I can cherish the kindness and the nice guy! I wouldn't wish the pain of divorce on my worst enemy, but it did have a part in making me into the person I am today. It took awhile to get here, but I can say I am happy! Happier than I've been in a long time!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, except for the hair on both of you, you don't look that much different! I'm so glad you are able to appreciate each other now! I've heard stories like this on TLC's Wedding Story :)

Anonymous said...

ok, that's it. My whole life I'm the "nice guy". Well, no more. I want to be a bad boy! You better look out now...Here comes trouble! I'm Reckless!

Lindsay said...

SO CUTE!
I had no idea yall dated before! LOVE this post

Lindsey said...

That is so special!! What a romantic love story, one you will be telling forever! Happy Valentine's Day! Glad you made it home alive after the party!