Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Too much work & not enough play!

I'm frustrated!!!!!! I took a personal day off today to get this darn project done for my Master's program & have literally worked on it all day!! AND, I'm not sure if I'm done or not (I hate that unsure feeling especially when I've put hours of work into something!!). I have class tomorrow night, and I'll have a few questions. Then I'm either done or need to add a few things!
I admit that this is the most effort I've had to put into a project yet in working on my Master's, and this is my fourth class to take. So....I know I shouldn't complain. However, this school work stuff has always just been easy for me. I can BS my way through any paper and make an A. I honestly don't know how I do it sometimes. For one of my classes, I wrote a paper and couldn't tell you a thing about what I wrote about - didn't understand the topic - made an A! I have the gift of BS! ha! I have always been able to fly through school work - even in high school & college. (but I sometimes lack common sense! ha!) Here's something sad - in high school, I should have graduated with a 4.0 and been top in my class (there were 5 of us I think). Well, I was going to have to give a speech at graduation! hello?!? I figured out the way to get out of it was to make a B in one of my classes, so I did my senior year & baam - I didn't have to practice that speech they made me write! whew!
And now, here I am working on my Master's b/c apparently I just can't get enough of going to school! I mean - I work at a school! Shouldn't that be enough? :-) But no, since I dream of being in the quiet elementary library some day and sharing my love of reading, I have to finish this master's business if it kills me! (which it won't - I'm only dramatic b/c I've put too many important tv watching hours into this project!!! LOL!)
Enough complaining - I must go out to eat with Sandy and Tanner. But, I'll leave you with a funny ('no common sense sometimes' story):
I used to work as an administrative assistant at an apartment complex while I was in college. We were in the middle of crunch time (turn over for a new semester to start). I thought it would be a great motivator to start the day by bringing in donuts for everyone. I was in a hurry, so I quickly grabbed what I thought was a close parking spot and ran in to the donut store. (which was crowded) The guy behind the counter says, "Ma'am, is that your blue car?" "yes" He said, "You are blocking the drive thru!" hee-hee! oops! I didn't know they had a drive thru!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Since I haven't been online much since we moved, I missed out on your paper drama. And I feel it too!! How did it go? Did you get it back yet?? I know what you mean about obsessing over it until it's perfect and then some. I did that too. I got mine back, an A minus, and I'm strictly an A girl. But because of moving and conferences and life in general, I didn't care this time! I'm sure you did great!