Monday, January 05, 2009

Storybooks

Remember those top secret Christmas presents that I was working on using the computer? The ones I wanted so badly to share with you but couldn't because family reads and the surprise would be ruined...well, here they are! I made scrapbooks on-line for my Mom, Bubby and Autumn. In my opinion, waaaay better than making them a scrapbook the old fashioned way. There is no way I could've had the time needed to make 3 separate scrapbooks the old fashioned way!
These are great gifts - especially for those of you with kids. Grandparents eat up anything revolving around their grandkids!! :-)
Autumn's book was a smaller size and was more personalized to her. The text I typed might say, "We are so proud of you." This is an example page from her book... And this was her cover:
These are pages from Mom and Bubby's book. I made one book for them and had it printed twice. If you decide to do this, it is easy!! There are lots of sites that you can do this on. I really like the one I used with Creative Memories because it really looks like a scrapbook and has lots of scrapbook features. Give yourself a several hours to make one if you want to do it right. First, I picked all the pics I wanted to use and put them all in one file. Then, it was just dragging them to where I wanted and picking the page design I wanted to use. After I designed all the pages, I went back and added text. I waited a day and proof read everything, because if you type a mistake, it prints.
See how the colors are coordinated, but you can pick different layouts?Here is Mom and Bubby's book cover:
(My favorite picture!!!) If you want the link to this website, send me an email. I will hook you up with my BFF, Michelle, so she can get credit for any purchases. You know she sells Creative Memories...gotta give her a plug here! (Or maybe she will leave a comment with easy instructions, because I always have to ask her the name of the site!)

5 comments:

Tasha said...

What a cute idea...They look really good.

L said...

Those turned out so great!!

Anonymous said...

The sight would be www.mycmsite.com/michelletodd

You go to storybooks at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the advertisement!
michelle

Lindsey said...

THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!! I mean, what better gift than those books? Love them!! You make your own wedding album one day SOON!!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask for the website, but I see Michelle took your advice and left it above!! I'm actually making a couple of these books on the Kodak website for some upcoming birthdays, but yours look much better!! Kodak doesn't offer the backgrounds graphics like you have!! Can't wait to go snoop around the site...Thanks Lori!!! These are PERFECT gifts!