Monday, January 26, 2009

Burning up the roads again!

This weekend was busy and awesome! I'll keep it short - or try to! And, I am mad at myself that I either forgot my camera (Friday night) or forgot to take pictures (Saturday!)...ooopps!
Ok - Friday was awesome for several reasons. The first being the most obvious - there was a camp meeting at John 3:16, and I got to see Kevin!! The other great part of that is the meeting was put on by Newport. This is where Kevin and I grew up, so we got to see some people from High School and Church that we haven't seen since we graduated. One of which was one of my best buds in high school. (and as an aside - it goes to show that alcoholism can hit even those you least expect it to. This guy was one of my good friends that I ran around with when I was tired of being "bad" and just wanted to relax and not have peer pressure. He never got in trouble or drank in High School. As a matter of fact, we would always go for milk shakes! ha! Anyway, turns out he was in rehab for about a month for alcoholism right after college. It can happen to anyone.) But enough of that, it was just great to see him. oh, and here is why I'm mad I forgot my camera - Kevin played the bongo's at the end of the night with the band that plays at John 3:16!!! I will have to get it next time!
I could keep going about Friday, but I'll move on to the Saturday highlights. Autumn had another Upward basketball game. I just cannot get good pictures at these games. She did make her first basket! yay Autumn! (and it was right after I stopped videoing - I had zero camera luck this weekend! ha!) Here she is chillin' and waiting on her turn....(#42).

Oh, and I thought this was cute - they make this grand entrance with the announcer and the foggy smoke screen. heehee!

After the game, some of us went with Mom to look at a horse trailer. Well, she bought it! A 4-horse trailer with living quarters in the front. It is nice!! I would show you, but, yep, forgot to get a picture! Jeez!!

Sunday, I was back on the road ~ day 3 in the car! Off to John 3:16 again, and it was another great visit. You know, we are almost to February and then I can say, "next month, he comes home!" yeehaw!

*Mom, I will post a video or two tomorrow of her game! :-)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I love busy weekends...Exspecially the ones that make me happy!

Anonymous said...

Girl, where are your priorities! Camera always needs to be #1!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, and whoohoooo almost time for Kevin to come home!!!