Thursday, January 08, 2009

Here today, gone tomorrow!

That's the fun part of Christmas money and gift cards...it burns a hole in my pocket until I use it all and use it for FUN stuff!! Shopping with no stress about the pocketbook...it doesn't get much better!
This year I scored a $40 gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond and $25 Visa card from parents in my room as TEACHER GIFTS!! Hello - awesome!! Then, I got a $50 gift card and $200 in cash from family to blow. Needless to say, I was set! And my first mission was to turn this guest room that somehow became a dog room back into a guest room!! Seriously, this is where Kevin slept when he was in trouble (the doghouse) and apparently Jax uses this bed all day to look out the window for me (see how spoiled he is? I leave the blinds up enough for him during the day! ha!)
Before: After: (thank you Kohl's...the sale even threw in the sheets for free!)
Next on the list...work on the guest bath (aka Kevin's bath that is slowly transforming to a Razorback bathroom). I am trying to do it subtly without just big HOGS everywhere...so here is the new shower curtain with Razorback red in it.
And then, to bring in the Hog theme...this is what holds up the shower curtain:
I still wasn't finished spending freely...I got some Bath & Body Works stuff (great sale, LOVE that store), 2 CD's, and my Boxer calendars for the year. Woo-hoo!
THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to my spending FUN!! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bedding!!!

Anonymous said...

love it!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

ok did you get the shower curtain at walmart. I have been looking at this one for jacobs bathroom but thought i couldn't use it because it was brown dots instead of black. i want to do a collage of black frames on the wall. will it look ok with it?? I would like the bedspread fabric you picked out on the shower curtain!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, it looks great! I'm so into circles and dots these days. I love gift cards too, and I love Kohls. I love your bedroom and your bathroom. I'm just oozing love here! Do you feel it?

Lindsey said...

I love it! Both rooms look awesome! Kevin will love the doghouse when he comes home:) Gift cards are the best gift!

L said...

Looking good girl - digging the dots!

Jill said...

You know I like it!