Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hour Game by David Baldacci

*2nd book this year and it's only the middle of January!! yes!

From the jacket: A woman is found murdered in the woods with a very special watch on her wrist - and what seemed a simple case soon escalates into a nightmare. The criminal methods of some of the most infamous killers of all time are being replicated by a new predator who stalks and strikes victims with a cunning brilliance. No one can understand the murderer's motives or who the next victim will be.
Drawn into this violent affair are two Secret Service agents turned private investigators, Sean King and Michelle Maxwell. Both have been hired to prove a man's innocence in a domestic burglary involving an aristocratic, if dysfunctional, family. soon stunning secrets will lead the partners into the middle of a frantic search for a killer unlike any they've confronted before.
As the Hour Game barrels forward, Sean and Michelle face a macabre puzzle and uncover one horrifying revelation after another. Nearing the truth, they will find that their own lives are in danger. And then they're hit with the biggest surprise of all.

What I thought: LOVED IT! This book had me hooked. I could NOT figure out how all the pieces would connect or who was doing it. I didn't know until they revealed the killer who it was!! I love that because I read so many mysteries that usually I have someone in mind. Last night, I had about 80 pages to go and after school today hurried home to finish. I NEVER do that! So, if you like a good mystery, I recommend it.

1 comments:

Laski said...

I loved it too!!! I think it was the last DB book I read. As a matter of fact, he SIGNED IT!!!

He came to our school and he was so awesome. I talked to him. I was such a cheesy author groupie. I was shameless.

Shameless, I tell ya!