Monday, January 05, 2009

God's Power to Change Your Life By Rick Warren

**Book #1 for 2009 challenge! :-)

From the jacket: Actually, I think you could see more of what the book is about just by listing the chapter titles. Chapter 1 - The power to change your life; chapter 2 - God's part & my part in changing me; chapter 3 - becoming a more loving person; chapter 4 - the choice to rejoice!; chapter 5 - peaceful living in an uptight world; chaper 6 - developing your patience; chapter 7 - putting on a little kindness; chapter 8 - living the good life; chapter 9 - the one who can be counted on; chapter 10 - a gentle approach; chapter 11 - developing self-control; chapter 12 - a productive life

What I thought: I love Rick Warren books and have just started to try to branch away from him a bit to read others also. This book was my companion book to the Bible for the past few weeks. After reading my verses and my daily bread, I would read a chapter or half a chapter from this book. I really liked it - some chapters really stuck with me throughout the week and would help me stay calm in situations where I might want to loose my patience! :-) Mainly, I need to remember to praise God in every circumstance.

0 comments: