Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Now that's ICE!!


I am out of school today for an "ice storm" but it has really been a rain day. I have heard from a few people that the bridges and overpasses were icy this morning, so best not to risk the school buses. Especially since one was in a wreck last night with 10 kids on board. I am pretty sure that's why they didn't risk it this morning. But, it is supposed to get worse for us tonight.

Meanwhile, my BFF in NW Arkansas is getting a REAL ice storm!! Check out these awesome pics she just sent me:
Isn't Jacob a cutie? She taught him from an early age to be good for the camera...Momma is a scrapbooker you know! :-)

That is a great shot Michelle! I am praying you don't lose power! Stay warm...

6 comments:

L said...

That first shot is awesome!

Lindsey said...

Love the pics!! I'm so jealous you were at home today!!

Steff said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE that one of the pine tree upclose. Such a wonderful picture. :)

The tail end of your storm has started to blow through Houston. It has dropped about 20 degrees this afternoon. We won't see that kind of ice, but it sure is pretty to look at!

Lindsay said...

Oh Wow... now that is some ice!
I love the first picture it needs to me entered into a photography contest!

xoxoxox
lets talk again about your blog design!

Tasha said...

those pics are crazy...I guess yo never can escape the winter cold

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! These are awesome pictures. We have lots of ice too, but nothing like this. We are currently on our THIRD straight snow day with no school! Yeah!