Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

From the book jacket: Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of teh good life - boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his close buddies - he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is until Gabby Holland moves in next door.
Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the attractive redhead seems to have a grudge against him...and the presence of her longtime boyfriend doesn't help. Still, Travis can't stop trying to ingrtiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage, adn family, THE CHOICE, utimately confronts us with the most heartwretching question of all: How far should you go to keep the hope of love alive?

What I thought: Well, I wanted a light, easy read after my last book and I got it right up until the end. I have literally been bawling while finishing this book!! Thoughtout reading the book, I thought it was exactly what I needed a light, predictable love story. But I didn't see that ending coming and the tears...my eyes are going to be swollen tomorrow from crying. But as one of my students said last year when I came to school with puffy eyes after finishing Marley and Me, "Ms. J, a good book will do that to ya!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to start on Nicholas Sparks books, but I chickened out because I saw "The Notebook" and bawled my eyes out through the whole thing. I didn't know if I could take the emotional roller coaster! However, I've heard they are awesome.

Jay Leno TOTALLY ruined "Marley & Me" last night. He gave away the ending and I was like "What?!". I don't think I'll be seeing that now either. Not after reading "Where the Red Fern Grows"!!!

Have a good weekend!! BTW - email me and let me know what you have decided on your move. I think the BIGGEST con would be no more scrappin' night! Unless you could convince Laura to have it at her house! :o)

Oh - another PRO - moving AWAY from one of your neighbors...you know the one! ;o) Hahahha!