Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yee-haw weekend!

This is my Aunt Debbie, me and my Mom at the concert on Saturday. We had a blast! We started the day with a little shopping. My Mom and I admit we are not big shoppers, but my Aunt Debbie could put anybody to shame. She loves to shop as much as I love to scrapbook! ha! Then, we stopped and had a nice dinner and stopped at Kohl's (where I got a cute pair of flip-flop's!) Then, it was time to head to the concert!!!! Yay!!!! Our seats were great!
You can tell from the angle of my pics that we were right beside the stage. To the right of us was all the sound techs and where they walked out from back stage, so we got to see A LOT. I was practically hyperventilating at one point when I saw Jennifer Nettles watching Little Big Town perform! They performed first and only for about 45 minutes...I could've watched them for longer! They were really good and the crowd went wild when they played Down in the Boondocks!
Sugarland put on an awesome show with tons of energy!!! Jennifer Nettles seemed to just have blast the entire time, and I wish I had half her energy level! At one point, both groups were on the stage singing together and looked like they were having so much fun...then both of the Sugarland members got in these bubbles full of air and crawled out over the crowd with the crowd holding them up!!! Needless to say, I was like a little kid! ha!
We got home about midnight and then had to feed all the animals at Mom's....Mom, you can tell me if I get this right...that includes about 6 barn cats, 8 dogs, and 7 horses!! So, we were up late!
This is my parent's place - they just finished putting their tin roof on last weekend. I love it! Next, they are going to paint the shutters and front door. It will look awesome! It's like the line in the Boondocks song "give me tin roof, a front porch and a gravel road, feels like home to me".

I'll leave you with this funny (or at least it cracked me up). Dolly, the senior horse of the group makes quite a mess as she's eating, and the cats have apparently figured this out. So the entire time she eats, they surround the food bowl and as the food falls out of her mouth, they are happy to clean up after her! Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like your seats were at about the same angle ours were for the American Idols tour last year. They were awesome seats!

Oh, and I LOVE your Mom's house!!

Lindsey said...

Oh Dolly cracks me up!! Looks like the concert was so much fun!! You deserve it girl!!

Tasha said...

Wow, what great seats you had!