Thursday, April 24, 2008

Updates, Rewards & Happenings

Work Updates:
First, the kids are hyper!!! Hello! It is definitely spring & close to summer, but I still love 'em. Also, I have to share that we have just finished an awesome book. Have you heard of A Dog Called Kitty by Bill Wallace? They were hooked!! It was our read-aloud book for the past two weeks, and it is a great feeling when you pick a book that everytime you stop reading, they beg you to read just a little bit more. Well, today we finished it, and I was so into the book myself that I cried a little at the end and had a few kids cry too. It was THAT good! Plus, they ALL passed their Accelerated Reader test on it. It is technically a 4th grade book if you are interested. Ok - enough of that....
Here are my work BFF's...

Yesterday, 3 of us hosted a baby shower for the preggo one...can you guess which one? I noticed that I probably shouldn't have worn that shirt. It's not me - it's the one in the red dress - promise! :-) She had a good turn out, and we had a great time. We had it on the patio of a restaurant after school instead of at the school - much more relaxing!

Masters Update:
I just finished my final ~ woo-hoo!!!! And, I feel really good about it. My grade could go either way ~ an A or a B. I have a low A without the final and my last assignment, so we will see! Fingers crossed, but either way, I am happy b/c I really did my best.
And, the best part is that it is reward time ~ yee-haw!
I will be seeing Sugarland and Little Big Town in concert on Saturday night!!! Kevin update:
How 'bout a picture of us when we were 16 to make you smile? hee-hee Look at that hair!
He is back on track. Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, and emails. I cannot express to you how much it means to me (and him) that people are supportive and don't give up on him. As long as he is trying, then it isn't failure!!! He gets mad at me when I post anything about it (especially a slip), but then he reads all your comments, so I feel like even though he may not like it, he gets something positive from it. Because let's face it, I am not going to shut-up about it ~ I have to get things out there to feel better about it and get to a good place so I can help him!

Anyway - we love ya! Have a great weekend and remember ~ I'll be at the Sugarland concert! hee-hee!

4 comments:

Laski said...

Yay! Good news all around. Friends, school, Kevin--woo hoo!

I am so thankful for my work BFFs. Seriously, I am really thankful that they have made it clear that they will not abandon me now that I've decided to be a SAHM. Phew . . .

Enjoy the concert!!! Sounds like you'll have a blast!

Tasha said...

The baby shower sounds nice..good job...Great job on your masters class.
and Sugerland...I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be 16 again! Aren't you two so cute together??

Have fun at the concert!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing up that class. And your reward is a primo reward!!! Enjoy that concert.