Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend Stuff

Well, Friday started off with the worry of how to get to work - only for work to be cancelled b/c of the power outage from the tornado's the night before. (see post below) So, I spent the day trying to straighten up the house for my scrappers to come over and scrapbook. Scrapbooking is cancelled for NOTHING! ha! I am super pumped because I got all my 2007 photos finished this weekend! woo-hoo! Saturday, Peggy came back over and we scrapped all afternoon and night. I was a scrappin' fool! :-) I scrapped 20 pages in two days! And, of course got in some excellent girl time, giggling, and eating of some yummy food! I thought it couldn't get any better, but then my man (who was out of town camping on a boys weekend) called late in the night, and we talked until 2 in the morning. I do love my man! I mean, we actually missed each other and he had only been gone since that morning! He's on his way home now...I can't wait to give him a big 'ole bear hug!
I have some pics I lifted from the news station of the storm for you...I ventured out today to go to Target, but forgot my camera. It is really spooky to see just how close a tornado came to our house! I can't imagine what these families are feeling...
This is a neighborhood not far from my house.
And this is close to the school...see why school was cancelled? yikes!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You really did have some scary weather, huh? I'm glad you got a chance to relax over the weekend. It sounds perfect with scrapping and your many MISSING you. I'm not sure I can remember the last time either of these things have happened in my house. I'm NOT kidding!

Anonymous said...

Your MAN missing you. I'm sure MANY do miss you too, but I meant to type MAN. haha

Lindsey said...

Holy cow you're not kidding!! Thank GOD it didn't do anything to you guys!!! Sounds like a fun scrappin' weekend!!

Tasha said...

Wow, Lori. I am so happy that you guys are okay. How scary to see all the damages so close to home.

Awwww, Kevin missing you..How sweet. So how is "everything' going?? Having "fun" yet, LOL.