Friday, April 04, 2008

Stormy Weather! (of the scary kind)

It was an interesting night around here! Tornado's everywhere and WAY too near! Jax, the cats and I retreated to the closet when they started calling off streets that were way too familiar and close. Kevin kept one eye on the news and one eye on the closet door! It missed us, but others weren't so lucky. It hit down the road pretty bad - overturned cars, roofs missing, gas leak fires, trees and power lines down. I haven't ventured out yet - have only seen the photo's on the news. It took Kevin 2 1/2 hours to get to work this morning. It is normally a 30 minute drive. Streets (including our garage) were flooded everywhere around here (even the main interstate!). I was up until 1 o'clock watching the storm tracker and dealing with the garage & this morning wondering how I was going to get to work. All the streets around the school seemed to closed, and they were telling us in this area to stay put b/c of all the flooding and trees down. Eventually (and luckily before I left the house), they cancelled school at my school. We didn't have any electricity. CRAZY WEATHER!!!!! Bring on some spring sunshine please!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize the storm was THAT bad. I'm glad you're okay, that's very scary!

Laski said...

OK--I heard about this scary weather on the news! Glad to hear you are safe!!! Oh, and a "no school" bonus!

Lindsey said...

That is crazy weather!!!! Find that sun!