Thursday, April 10, 2008

Woo-hoo!

  • First of all, the storms are gone! And, it didn't get as bad as they originally thought. Last week was MUCH worse. Let's just say today, we are in the middle of a lesson stressing the differences in reference materials (they ALWAYS miss those questions on the benchmark!), and a student yells, "THAT'S THE TORNADO SIREN!" I calmly say, "Don't worry. If there was anything to worry about, we would head into the hallway." (We had already gotten our emergency weather email from the principal about what to do and to stay calm no matter what!) So, no sooner are these words out of my mouth than the classroom across the hallway is filing out into the hall in tornado position. Well, great! hee-hee! I shouldn't of said only worry THEN! Really, they did great - only one cried! But, I would have hated to be a kindergarten or 1st grade teacher today. We were in the hall for 30 minutes, and they were scared and crying! Gotta love the babies...by the way, I could never teach kindergarten and think they deserve higher pay or yearly bonuses! ha!
  • In other news today, I got my grade back for my research paper......96% A!!!!!! Did you hear me scream? I am so happy! I have one small assignment and a final left - only two weeks left!!! Thank you so much for encouraging me to stick with it! I am almost finished, and I have learned more from this class than any other Master's class I have taken!

7 comments:

Laski said...

These storms are crazy--I hear this is going to be a very stormy spring and summer!

CONGRATS on the amazing A--good for you!!! YAY!!!

Steff said...

We'd have criers in 2nd grade too! We also were in a "tornado watch" box today for several hours. Thankfully, we heard no sirens.

A few weeks ago though we went through the drill (the kids get under their desk and I get under mine...some plan right?) and one of my sweet babies asked, "Will my desk really keep me safe?" I wanted to tell her, "No sweetie...you'd still fly away into the tornado." but I sort of just skimmed over her question. Horrible teacher right?!

Congrats on your A...never would have doubted it!

la bellina mammina said...

YAY!!!! Bravo Lori!

Erika said...

Great Job!! You are so close to finishing!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that well-deserved A! Tanner said they had to sit by the wall in one of his classes for two hours yesterday.

Tasha said...

Oh the poor kids, I would have been scared too.

WOOT WOOT an A..I am SO proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Was that you screaming??? I thought it was the tornado siren!! LOL CONGRATULATIONS!