Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

**Book #3 for my New Year's Resolution to read more during the school year.**

From the Book Jacket: The Purpose Driven Life will help you understand why you are alive and reveal God's amazing plan for you - both here and now, and for eternity. Rick Warren will guide you through a personal 40-day spiritual journey that will transform your answer to life's most important question: What on earth am I here for? Knowing God's purpose for creating you will reduce your stress, focus your energy, simplify your decisions, give meaning to your life, and most important, prepare you for eternity.

What I thought: First, let me admit that it took more than 40 days to read. The goal is to read a chapter a day for 40 days. Well, Kevin and I started this book as a book to read together. We started on January 20th...so we took longer than 40 days! ha! We got off track for a bit and then picked it back up. No matter how long it takes you to read it, it is worth the read. It brings a peace into your daily life while you are reading it. I highlighted alot so that when I get stressed, I can go back and hit the high points.

2 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

Well done! Better late than never:-)

Lindsey said...

I started this book in January again and got about a week into it...I have to pick it back up again. You inspired me to do that!! COngrats on finishing it!! Did you do the teacher thing and use a highlighter on certain parts?? I did that...heheh. I just have to do that because it helps me remember the highlights and parts that really move me.