Thursday, April 17, 2008

What a yucky week...

...I am so ready for the weekend!! It's been a yuck week! I guess it could be worse, but seriously, I just want the weekend!

First, a girl got her feelings hurt because she wanted to help us host a baby shower for our co-worker (an oversight b/c one person - and it's not me! - has kind of just taken charge of the whole thing). Then, all of us 3rd grade teachers got yelled at by the Principal this week. It was our turn (ha). We kept the kids out for extra recess after the benchmark. (ours were out 15 min. and 4th grade was out for an hour, but we got busted b/c one of the kids needed to check-out early). It happens....then we got a lecture the next day on same topic. Did I mention also that it is benchmark week? There's that in itself is yucky! Plus, Kevin has been sick all week when I get home. He went to the doctor today. He has strep throat and kidney stones - talk about a bad week! Oh, and then this morning, I got an email that the taxes we e-filed at the last minute this week were rejected by the IRS. I was literally sick to my stomach worried about it all day. But, I came straight home and think I fixed it and sent them back in. AND, the school district decided that even though the whole district wasn't out the day of the tornado, those schools that were would make up the day. So, we are in school until June 6th! Boo-hoo! Is this week over YET?

6 comments:

Trina said...

Okay that was a YUCKY week!! Im so sorry to hear about Kevin's strep and horrible kidney stones! YIKERS! My week has been a whirlwhind of spit up, gassy baby, no vehicle for mommy, and a messy house that needs to be packed up. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!

Laski said...

June 6th-ick,uck,ick. Well, if that doesn't just top off a mighty fine week!

I hope Kevin gets better quickly!!!

YOU have a wonderful weekend, will ya?!?! You deserve it!

Erika said...

You really have had a bad week. I hope all goes well with the taxes issue. That is no fun! I hope you have an awesome weekend to make up for the bad week.

Tasha said...

YUCK, what a week...Hopefully the weekend will start next week off right...

CC said...

Hey, just found your blog. I like finding other teachers!

My school doesn't finish until 6/17 (for students) and 6/18 for teachers. You'll be sunning it up for 2 weeks before I'm done!

Lindsey said...

That is an incky week. I hope this weekend has been better!!! June 6th, that's still earlier than us, I think we are done June 11th. I complain about it every year, but I just don't have the energy to complain this year!! It sure is NO LONGER 3 months that teachers get off in the summer. It's more like 6 or 8 weeks!!!