Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Things Going On Around Here...

1. I had my Master's class tonight.
2. Have I mentioned that it is kicking my butt? RESEARCH Methods!!
3. We are supposed to get some weather tonight, but it is not looking promising for our area of the state. So...I probably won't get to enjoy seeing my school name scroll across the bottom of the screen tomorrow for NO SCHOOL. ha!
4. Tayhlor (my new niece compliments of Bubby's marriage) has started at my school, and she is fitting in great (already has a crush).
5. I LOVE having her in my room before and after school. She's a great helper.
6. My two new students are good kids and smart...how lucky am I? (You never know when you get new students - it can make or break your classroom.)
7. We are making root beer floats tomorrow for our science lesson. FUN! Who can identify the science in it? ha!
8. I have to spend all day Saturday at the library doing research!
9. I finally got my first re-imbursement check for my fall tuition today - that was sweet!
10. Tomorrow, we are cooking dinner for Donna and Jerry so they won't have to worry about food on their first day home with the babies.
11. Which means....tomorrow I get to see the precious babies again!
12. My birthday is next week.
13. And, for the first time ever, I am kind of bummed about it - how did I get to be 35? And why is it bothering me? I've never been bothered by a birthday before...hmmm

3 comments:

Tan said...

You are such a good friend, cooking for the new parents. They must really appreciate you. Oh, and happy early birthday. Time passes by too quickly doesn't it? I don't know how I got to be my age (39'ish LOL) because inside I'm still a teenager!

Trina said...

35 was a little hard of a bday for me too. It just sounds so middle aged to my kids....*sigh* I dont feel middle aged though...lol Well if its any consolation you look AMAZING, so 35 will wear you very well!

la bellina mammina said...

Hurray for no 9!
hat a great list - and you're such a good friend, cooking for your friend:-)
Can't wait to hear what you'll do on your 35th;-)