Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Scrappin' News...

On Friday, we got some "bad" weather...well, for central Arkansas it was bad weather. Everyone freaked out and started leaving work early and schools closed an hour early. Now, am I complaining? Heck no! It's just comical to watch the panic that takes place when we might get some bad weather! Turns out, I drove home in the rain - not sleet. hee-hee! My kiddo's started checking out early around 11 o'clock and when we got back from lunch, I had ten kids. Woo-hoo! Buses started dismissing at 1:00...so, Friday was a wash! They were HYPER!
Was scrappin' cancelled you ask? Ummm...NO! We cancel for nothing! LOL! All this did was let us gather even earlier! Ha!
We started scrappin' by 3 o'clock this time instead of waiting until 6 or so for everyone to get here! It was awesome!
I thought I was share some my favorite pages I did Friday night and my two favorite new scrappin' finds: I was digging the colors with Autumn's birthday page & with the cat page. I am in a stage where I love chocolate brown! (And, simplicity!)
As for two fav new finds - you gotta get some self-adhesive ribbon. I used it to divide these pages below. But with the adhesive on the back already - wow - easy! (Hobby Lobby plug here) And note the cool campfire at the bottom of the page found at a local scrapbook store...love it! This page made me ready to get the pop-up back out and hit the road!
I think I got 8 pages done over the coarse of the night. I believe Sandy was the winner with 12 finished pages!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh they look sooooooo awesome!! I am so far behind and this makes me want to jump right into it now! I think I'll have to wait until summer time though. Your pages are beautiful!!

Tan said...

They do look awesome. I can't remember the last time I scrapped and I miss it so much!! I'm also in to chocolate brown these days with clothes, bags, everything! Maybe I'll find time soon to see if I'm diggin' it on my scrapbook pages too. In fact, I think it's time I plan something. I wish you lived closer to join us!!

L said...

I'm still bummed I misse out but I was SO exhausted! I'll have to play catch up next month!

Erika said...

Your pages are so cute!!! It's so nice to get with girl friends and let go. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

You let Sandy know that she is only a winner for a short time....until I get to come! UNLESS...she makes that shrimp stuff!!
Michelle

Tasha said...

cute pages...I HATE bad weather.

Trina said...

You seriously do such a great job Lori! Its kind of fun to see how your tastes will change through your scrapbooking too.

Anonymous said...

So now are you going to scrapbook the pictures of the scrapbook pages you did?
Peggy