Saturday, January 05, 2008

Out with the old, and in with the new!

The Before shot:After: (almost finished ~ Kevin informed me we would put up the molding next weekend. I guess since he has to work all weekend this weekend, I'll give him that break. hee-hee!) We made an accent wall of chocolate behind the bed and the other walls are a gold color. The best way to describe it is the back wall was like smearing hot fudge all over the wall and the other 3 are like butterscotch...yum! :-)
I think it's alot prettier in person than the picture shows. I got the new comforter and paint with my Christmas money from Kevin's Mom & Dad - so THANK YOU! And, this is our first compromise...Kevin & I have completely different tastes. I like ornate, he likes simple lines. I like dark colors, he likes light colors. I took some things out of the room that he suggested, and we actually agreed on the paint. Oh...and Mom, the actual name of the chocolate color is cowboy boots. I thought you'd appreciate that!
Nala gives it her stamp of approval. This bed is now fit for a queen!
I didn't take a before shot from this angle...and this one blurred. But you get the idea. I took down some greenery above the shelves on the entertainment center (aka dust traps). I have done some serious cleaning out over the break. There is going to be a big yard sale come Spring in our garage!!
And, finally, the molding that will go up next weekend. Well...I've procrastinated enough. I guess I'll go paint it!

7 comments:

Tan said...

I think it looks great! Why can't I get motivated like you are???

Anonymous said...

Looks great Lori! Let me know when you guys are available to come paint my house.

:)

Tasha said...

wow it looks great, happy sleeping!

Steff said...

Looks wonderful! If you ever give up on the teaching thing, decorating will probably treat you right!

Erika said...

Pretty!! I have been doing some home improvement as well....or helping with it anyway.

Trina said...

That looks amazing!! Lovin' the brown and gold look. Romantic, expensive, and classy looking. I love when we do a big change it makes cleaning so much more fun for me.

L. Lemanski said...

Wow! Looks awesome. Reminds me of my favorite home shows--Sell This or Flip That, or Color . . . whatever. Regardless, you did it all without a camera crew and some design gurus--good for you!