Monday, January 21, 2008

Troubles update...

My troubles are still lurking, but I have a better handle on things for now. Have you ever gone to Church and heard a message just when you needed it? That has happened for us two weeks in a row now, but this week really spoke to us. 'The quality of our lives depends largely on the kinds of decisions we make' was the first line in the bulletin. Kevin is struggling with indecision right now, and I am trying to support him. Sometimes it is difficult, because we are so different in many ways. I am a type-A personality, and he is the opposite! ha! But relationships are a series of up's and down's...we will survive and be stronger for it. We just have to get our priorities in order. God doesn't say if you face trials, but whenever you face trials.

We started the book The Purpose Driven Life together last night. Have any of you read it? You read a chapter a day for 40 days. Each day gives you a point to ponder, a verse to remember, and a question to consider. I am excited about starting it together!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I DID start the book but then didn't finish....I know, bad me, but I do want to start over and read the whole thing, the right way. I'm glad you guys are working "together" through things, that's always the best thing to do. Stay on the same wave length, even if you don't always agree, and you'll get through it. Prayers, thoughts, and hugs coming your way!!

Laski said...

Lori--catching up on some of your posts and you have some awesome support. I hear you about a message coming just at the right time--a sermon just for you!

We read Purpose last year in a Bible study group--it touched a lot of lives. I found it inspiring. Best of luck with it. Any time you can examine your life, your thoughts/feeling/hear and soul, it is a good thing.