Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

**To help me with my New Year's Goal/Resolution to read more, I am going to make myself accountable by writing a review or summary of each book I read. Then, I'll be able to check up on myself. So, you might find something you want to read, or you might skip these posts. LOL!

From the book jacket:
When Savannah Lynn Curtis comes into his life, John Tyree knows he is ready to turn over a new leaf. An angry rebel, he had enlisted in the army after high school, not knowing what else to do. Then, during a furlough, he meets Savannah, the girl of his dreams. The attraction is mutual and quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah vowing to wait for John while he finishes his tour of duty. But neither can foresee that 9/11 is about to change the world. Like so many proud men and women, John must choose between love and country. Now, when he finally returns to North Carolina, John will discover that loving Savannah will force him to make the hardest decision of his life.

What I thought:
This is the same man who wrote 'The Notebook', so you know it is a good, heartwarming love story. I cried at times and gushed like a girl over the love these two felt for each other. But, it was also pretty predictable. I pretty much knew what was coming at different points in the book. That didn't make it a bad book though. It was good, and a nice break from my norm of crime solving mystery's. I would recommend it for a light, romantic read.

Ok...that was my first read for the New Year, but technically doesn't count towards my goal b/c I started it during a school break! But, I finished it once we were back in school, so I'm gonna take credit anyway! LOL!
Happy Reading! :-)

1 comments:

Erika said...

I have read many of his books and yes they are predictable. He follows the same format in all of his books....but they are still good and I still read them. I will put it on my list to read. Thanks!!