Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Day in my Life (in Pictures)...

First of all, I totally bloglifted this idea from the FlipFlop Mamma b/c I thought it was cool. It's kind of like scrapbooking a regular day in your life...so here is today in LoriLand! The alarm started going off at 5:30 am, but I think I hit snooze until at least 5:50 am. I start my day everyday with a Dr. Pepper and pop tarts, or the day goes downhill from the start! ha! If I am cranky, my kids will ask me if I had my Dr. Pepper! :-)
Today was back to work after a 3 day weekend...hello classroom!
I welcomed two new students today. We had a great day too!
We learned all about Martin Luther King, Jr.
I volunteered with the SECME after school program. It meets once a month, and today was the day. It's from 2:45 to 5 pm. Today we built card houses from cards. You only get tape and 100 index cards. The houses must withstand heavy weight falling on them and still stand. Today's session was practice and the weight was the dictionary. They did an impressive job!
Got home at 5:30 pm and fed the dog ~ he's kind of messy! LOL!
Sat down to eat a bowl of cereal and read the next chapter in The Purpose Driven Life. Today was day 2.
An hour later about 6:30pm, on the way to an AA speaker meeting with Kevin. We had to drive into "town" as we call it here. So, it takes about 20/25 min. to get there. The meeting was until almost 9 pm. It was a good, motivating meeting I thought. Kevin is just making faces b/c I threatened to put his picture on my blog ~ see what happens! :-)
And, now we are home, I am blogging b/c I didn't want to take all these pictures for nothing! ha! But I am exhausted, so I am going to check my email and go to bed! I promise to read everyone's blog tomorrow! I really didn't get any computer time today! :-(
Now, let's see a regular 'ole day in pictures girls!

7 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

You promise? ;-)

Interesting day:-)

L said...

Looks like a good day. Kevin doesn't look too impressed about having his picture made, though!
;-)

Tan said...

What a cool idea! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. Of course TeeVille will not be as interesting as LoriLand, but why not??

Tasha said...

I love it...Its so nice to see what you see everyday...Wow you are a really busy gal..I would be tired too!

Lindsey said...

I love your day!! You are busy! No time at home to relax. Cute pic of Kevin!!

Laski said...

Oh, love this idea! Your pics make me miss the classroom.

What a busy day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a really long day! That's a great pic of Kevin!!