Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Projects

The necessary tools ~ and you could probably hear the "Tim the Tool Man" grunting when Kevin was in the garage using the miter saw! Ha! We finished putting up the molding this afternoon. While I was caulking (or doing the tedious work as Kevin said), he disappeared into the yard to start getting his garden ready for this spring...doesn't he look like Farmer Kevin? hee-hee! Mom & Dad brought him some hay from the barn yesterday. And, I think next weekend, we are going to be really redneck and bring home horse manure!
I snuck this picture through the dining room window:
Anyhoo ~ here is the crown molding!!! I LOVE it! We cheated and used the corner pieces, but the corner pieces were the hardest part! That is all we did last night ~ install the corner pieces. I really thought we were in over our heads, and that we were going to kill each other before the whole process was complete! LOL! Kevin is a wise man though and suggested we stop and start back today with a fresh attitude.
Today went really smoothly...it was kind of scary. I think we can tackle the other rooms ~ but after we forget what a pain it was to put in those corner pieces! Ha! It looks good though...I've still got to putty the nail spots and touch up paint, but it's almost DONE!
And Farmer Brown has his compost pile just the way he wants it for now. All he needs is horse manure from Mom's house, and I'm supposed to start bringing home the guinea pig cage mess when I clean it out...FUN! (not!)

7 comments:

Steff said...

I was totally thinking he looked like a farmer but wasn't going to say anything...well until you did! The room looks great! I always have to just stop and come back fresh on big projects. It just helps so much to have a good frame of mind with stuff like that.

Have a wonderful week!

Steff said...

By the way...did you get your mail happiness?! Well, maybe considering a thank you note mail happiness is a bit extreme...LOL. I hope you don't mind, now that I've got your address I might drop you a card/letter or two. That is my thing you know. =)

Lindsey said...

What an awesome room Lori!!! That molding makes it pop! Love the bibs. They are my fave!

Tan said...

Congratulations on the molding! You are my hero! LOL Farmer Brown, huh? That looks like a scrapbook page just waiting to happen! Yeah!

L said...

You know the "true test" of a relationship is working closely on a project like that! Well...that or a long distance road trip together! Ha - J/K! Looks like ya'll survived it and it looks great - can't wait to come by and check it out. Kevin looks totally at home there in the back working on his garden - being a green thumb myself and I can totally appreciate that!

Tasha said...

WOW, how nice the molding looks, you guys did a great job...

tell farmer "bob" he looks awesome! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, the molding looks great!!! And so does Farmer Kevin...heehee