Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone...and now it's 2008! Time flies...I look back over the past year's ups and downs and wonder, what will 2008 bring? I got a feelin' it's gonna be GOOD! :-)

For the first time EVER, I kept my resolutions from last year:
For 2007
I will:
*not smoke!! (today marks 3 weeks of no smoking! I am on my way!!)
*find a small church to start attending
*keep on living life, enjoying the journey, and giggling daily!!!!

So, the pressure is on to do just as good in 2008! LOL! I am going to keep them simple and realistic again ~ maybe that was the trick...

For 2008
I will:
*continue NOT smoking (I've made it just over a year now!)
*now I need to be brave enough to join the church instead of just visiting each week
*read more ~ not just when I am on vacation from school, but year round!
*slow down and enjoy the moment I am IN! :-)

I wish everyone (including me) good luck & perseverance with their resolutions for the New Year!

Have a GREAT DAY! I have one more day of vacation after today...:-(

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome job on keeping your resolutions Lori! So FEW people do that. But I think you're right, the trick is to keep them realistic. Good luck on the first day back. The bad thing with long vacations....the first couple of days back. Ugh. Mine is Thursday! Maybe we'll have a snow day again. I could blow some of that snow to you so you could stay home with all your new presents!! Happy New Year!!

Tasha said...

Great job on keeping your resolutions. I am very proud of you. Good luck in 2008, happy new year