Saturday, November 24, 2007

It was here and gone so fast!

I think I have post-hosting blues! You know how you spend all week getting the yard and house ready for the big event, then it's here and gone just like that? We hosted the big family Thanksgiving today, and it was a success. But after everyone left, I felt a little sad. I was so busy running all day and doing stuff that it went too fast, and I didn't feel like I even got to talk to anybody! So, I called one of my best cousin buddies (that had JUST left my house - ha!) and we talked for about half an hour. I felt better! LOL! However, I am very upset that I didn't take very many pictures and barely got any good ones!! The weather didn't cooperate today, and there weren't many picture taking opportunities! I hope Aunt Lyn shares like she promised - otherwise, what kind of scrapbooker will I be? ha! Awww...I am getting rid of these blues just chatting on the phone and blogging! Kevin thinks I am crazy! :-) Who me?

I know I should just relax tomorrow after this mad rush all week to get the yard and house ready, but I think I am going to try to tackle some Christmas decorations!!! Not everything...just some fun stuff! Like the tree and the stockings....speaking of, we need a good Christmas card idea for this year. Do we put just me, Kevin, and the dog OR bring the cats in too? I can't decide...these decisions are very important! My Christmas cards make me smile every year...it has to be just right! Should we wear Santa hats? Hmmm....go here to see last year's card and here for the year's before that! Let's hear your creative thinking!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

I say bring the cats in too. Their family

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could get Kevin to dress up as Santa again with you, Jax and the cats on his lap with your Christmas lists. That would be cute!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

I just put a picture of the dogs on the card. NO humans and no bunnies (because the dogs would eat the bunnies if I tried to get them all together and I don't want to photoshop them in!)

This year I'm making all my cards, so not sure what I'm going to do about the annual dog pic. Hmm.

Steff said...

I got my tree up Sunday and I'm slowly getting the rest of the decorations up. I have discovered one thing though...I can't wear my skimpy pjs if I'm going to leave the window blinds open so people across the street can see my tree. Very bad... :)

Trina said...

How about decorating the tree with all of the above? Or a funny one where it looks like you are all trying to bake some cookies in the kitchen and there is flour on Kevin, and a cookie cutter for a collar on the animals. Just brainstorming here! lol I say keep them talking...hehehe Anything you do will be awesome, you are so creative!