Monday, November 05, 2007

Boogers gross me out!

And, I have a booger picker in my room!!!! Ewwww!!!! What can I do? He is one my smartest and best kids. I love him to death, but he is always digging in his nose. I mean - finger lost in there - digging!!! And, to make it even worse, he sometimes puts the finger in his mouth after...I don't want to know if he is eating....yuck...I can't even say it! How do you talk to a kid about this? It really grosses me out!!!! Once, I saw another girl in class watching him with this amazed, yet grossed out look on her face, and I just about fell out laughing. But, I held it in and managed to get her attention to shhhh! before she blurted out to the whole class.

ok...seriously, do I just let it go? Or, is there a way to make it stop? Seriously...help!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no teacher...Mom...or really even a role model...HA! However, I would say the best way to handle the situation is to try to break his bad habit by distracting him or get him doing something else every time he digs for gold. However, as long as he doesn't EAT them, then it's not as gross as it could be!!

Anonymous said...

I have heard if you put meat tenderizer in their food it makes them really taste bad! Oh, wait, thats dogs and their.....

Sorry, can't help ya.

Trina said...

Okay you HAVE to tell him. I would say something to him privately, but I would tell him how the other kids and other teachers will look at him. Try to make him stop and think about it socially. I am sure he is doing it without thinking so I would also tell him that when you catch him doing it you will just say his name to help remind him. I would let him know that you know the other kids will tease him and look down on him and so you just want to help him with this nasty little habit. It is a nasty habit for sure!

Anonymous said...

You might try taking him to the side and giving him a pocket package of kleenex and tell him that the next time he feels the need to pick at his nose to use the tissue. Also, when he picks his nose he spreads germs that causes colds that could make some of the other children sick. GB

Tasha said...

I think the kleenex idea and talking to him in private are the best choices. If it works let me know, alanna is into digging herself. I'll be posting about it soon..

Lindsay @ Splat Designs said...

IKKY, I am not a booger person either.

I do think talking to him privately and having tissues is the best, but dang... I am so sorry you have to do this!