Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Now I know...

I am an idiot...(hold comments!) About a month ago, I noticed a pretty sizable ant mound in the backyard. Since Jax had gotten into fire ants before and had such a bad reaction, I thought, "I'd better cover that up, so the dog doesn't step on it." BIG MISTAKE! I covered it up with Jax's kiddie pool (yes, my rotten dog has his own pool!) and forgot about it....Fast forward to today when I needed to hurry and mow the back
yared before it rains tomorrow....

I lift the pool and OMG! The ants literally made a home for themselves the size of the pool - all the way to the top!!!!! Note to self - don't cover an ant pile...just leave it alone until you can get some ant killer. I mean, seriously, have you EVER seen an ant pile this big? LOL! Only I could manage this one! Even Kevin was in awe...what am I going to do with this thing? ha!























5 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG!!!!! That is ridiculously funny! And I'm not laughing at you, I promise, just with you. PLEASE tell me you are going to scrapbook this!!1

Steff said...

Okay...you are officially passing me in the wildlife adventures department! Were there ants running around when you lifted it up? I say get some major ant killer stuff and get busy.

Oh, and have a great (wildlife free) Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I never would have imagined! That's insane!

Tasha said...

THATS CRAZY!!!! Its like attack of the killer ant hill.

Anonymous said...

OMG, can you pour gas on it and set it on fire? What to do???
Peggy