Thursday, November 01, 2007

A little of this & a little of that

Below - I am on the outside of the glass door taking their pic! (Imagine what I'll be like with REAL kids! ha!)

*Halloween is always more fun around here for me than for my pets! They were properly tortured last night. Kevin and I got giggles out of it! And, Christmas dress-up is right around the corner! LOL! Not many trick-or-treaters though, but the ones we had sure got a kick out of the critters dressed up!

*Today I went to Newport (where I grew up) to interview a High School teacher of mine for a paper I'm doing for my Masters class. She was a chemistry & Physics teacher when I was in HS, and she was a favorite teacher of mine. She was one of those teachers that made a lasting impression - I still correspond with her through Christmas cards each year. Well, now she is the HS librarian - which is why I interviewed her. It was certainly surreal being back at the old HS after 16 years!!! Not much had changed, but it all seemed smaller for some reason. I did leave feeling a bit OLD! I babysat her kids when I was in HS and now they are 23 and 26 years old! How does that happen? ha!

*I also got to have lunch with my Mom today. We got all caught up. She had an hour and a half, and we got all our girly talk done! Lunch was yummy too! Thanks Mom!

*If you are wondering, today and tomorrow are teacher meeting days. I asked if I could use my "workday" for my Masters that I get with the tuition reimbursement program. Much better than sitting in meetings all day!!!!

*I still hate the class I am taking this semester. I am actually actively signed in right now and listening to it, but not watching the power points. The professor cancels class all the time. Last week, she cancelled again and gave us a big assignment instead. Then when we logged on tonight, she said a few things we would do, but instead of covering two of the chapters we were supposed to - she'd just give us an assignment on them and post it tomorrow! URGH! It's almost over!

*Saturday, my scrap buddies and I are going to a huge scrapbook sale!! BARGAINS! And, having lunch after...so looking forward to Saturday!!! Lots of favorites there - girl talk, scrapbookin' and food! HA!

7 comments:

Trina said...

I CAN imagine how you will be with your kids! You will be AWESOME! hehehe Your babies are adorable, and I would have had the giggles too. Enjoy Saturday that sounds great!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you have the perfect Saturday coming up. Yay! And I love the way the critters look!!

Tan said...

In case there's any doubt, I just want you to know that I AM SO JEALOUS of you and your scrap buddies!!

Tasha said...

I love the fur-babies.

marykathryn said...

Your little ones are too cute all dressed up..hehe
I know when I go back home and drive by my HS it seems crazy that I went to school there and played sports there and now I probably don't even know a soul that walks the halls..Sigh..kinda sad.

Anonymous said...

Your "babies" are so cute! I tried to put this Hawaiian lei thing on Sam for Halloween and he was NOT HAPPY - although he looked precious!! See ya in an hour!!

Steff said...

Ahh, they are sitting so still and pretty there! I can only imagine what you'll do to a baby! LOL