Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful...

It really is that time of year where you have to reflect on all the good in your life and take the time to be grateful. I like to think that I do that on a regular basis, but I know life gets busy sometimes and things are taken for granted. I know I am blessed and have so much to be thankful for...here are a few things in no certain order:

1. I am thankful to have Kevin back in my life. We were such good friends for so long. I missed him when I moved and our lives went separate ways. He was one of those friends I could always count on. And, now he is back in my life where he should be. I am grateful for the way he makes me feel loved on a daily basis and can make me feel like the most beautiful person in the world. I also love that we have common interests - like camping - and enjoy spending time together. He is my best friend!

2. I am thankful for my family (even with all their drama! ha!). We are very fortunate in our family (not that we see it all the time) but we are. We have not really had to suffer any loss or major illnesses in my immediate family. We have had two cases of breast cancer in recent years and both were survivers!!! yay! Now, that is something to be thankful for!! I love being with family...my Mom is awesome! I am glad she has blocked my teenage years! ha! My cousins are more like friends than family. I know that for the most part, family is my safe place to fall when I need it.

3. I am thankful for friends...ALL of you! My BFF, my scrap girls, my work friends, my blog buddies, my family friends....Life wouldn't be the same without friends! You are my rock!!

4. I am so thankful for my pets!! You know I am nutso about them! They are my babies!!

5. I am thankful that I have a house of my own where I can have pets. I know being a teacher and not making much money, that after the divorce, I could've easily ended up in an apartment. But I searched and searched until I found a house I could afford...I had four pets to think about! ha! I downsized, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I love my cozy little house!!

6. I am thankful to love my job again!! AHHH!! And thank you to all my friends who helped make that happen by giving me the push I needed! My new job is the best!

7. I am thankful to be back involved in Church again and reading/studying my Bible. It brings about such a peace...

8. I am thankful that the gas leak the gas company just repaired did not harm me, Kevin, or any of my pets! Whew!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT TURKEY DAY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, I'm the one who should be grateful for you. You were my first love when we were 15, and now I know you are my true love.

ok, enough mushy stuff. You've got to stop making mountains out of ant hills!

Tan said...

Oh Lori, judging by his comment above, this man is a keeper!!! You truly do have lots to be thankful for. Oh, and while we are talking about being thankful I want to take this opportunity to thank YOU. Thank you for the support you've shown me in your comments and emails. It really does make a difference just hearing that somebody understands. You rock. Have a wonderful holiday...now go kiss that man of yours, okay???

L said...

And we are thankful for you too dear! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!